Wednesday, November 28, 2007

..Memento..


I think Memento is by far the most interesting movie we've watched so far. The one question that I can't really seem to find an answer to is whether or not to trust Teddy. There are so many points made that could argue it either way. Through out the entire movie Teddy is playing with Lenny on what he says, and in a few scenes seems to be taking advantage of Lenny's memory issue. I think in general, Teddy is kind of a weird person, like he has a goofy way of going about things, and somethiing about him just doesn't seem right, and that's what leads me to think he may be lying. I don't really see why Teddy wouldn't just keep reminding him everytime about him being a cop, and that he already found and killed the real John G.

The reason I think that Teddy may be telling the truth is because of that one polaroid that Teddy has of Lenny smiling, pointing to his tattooed chest. This suggests that he had already found and killed the real John G, and that Teddy is really telling the truth. Another reason I think that Teddy may be telling the truth is because he straight up tells Lenny that his real name is John G too, and though he knows that this puts him in jeopardy, he tells Lenny anyways, hoping to gain trust.

Overall, I found this movie to be really confusing and hard to find answers. But I suppose that was how Christopher Nolan wanted it.

No comments: